On this round-trip, you will see spectacular landscapes and natural spectacles, fantastic archaeological sites and countless colonial places, of which many of them are under the patronage of UNESCO world heritage. Enjoy a unique atmosphere of past cultures, discover mystic places and experience the unique hospitality of this truly impressive land.
1. Day: Arrival at the International Airport of Mexico City. Welcome by our team and transfer to your Hotel.
Overnight in Mexico City
Historical Center – UNAM – Xochimilco - Coyoacan
2. Day: You will start your roundtrip with a detailed sightseeing of the most important attractions of Mexico City as the Zocalo, the National Palace with wall paintings by Diego Rivera and the cathedral. By feet, the trip goes on to the Alameda Park, where the post office building the palace of beautiful arts is located. Afterwards drive to UNAM (Autonomic university of Mexico), where you will be able to admire the Olympic stadium and the library with its monumental mosaic. The journey goes on to the swimming gardens of Xochimilco. Drives to Coyoacan, a colonial district where we will walk around the center and visit the local market.
Anthropological museum – Teotihuacan – Basilica Guadalupe
3. Day: In the morning, you will visit the anthropological museum in the Chapultepec Park, before driving to the Pyramids of Teotihuacan. In the afternoon, we will visit the most important pilgrimage site of America, the Basilica of Guadalupe.
Tepoztlan – Cuernavaca – Taxco (174 km)
4. Day: Journey to Tepoztlan, a famous village where Moctezuma who was the Aztec King was born and nowadays it is a good visit place for doing trips that last days or weekend. Afterwards drive to Cuernavaca, city of the “Eternal Spring”, where you will visit the cathedral and the garden La Borda. The trip goes on through the beautiful mountain landscape to the silver city Taxco. Taxco is located directly on the slope of the mountain and has about 170,000 inhabitants. Today Taxco is worldwide an important place for silver crafts.
Overnight in Taxco
Taxco - Cholula – Puebla (About 275 km)
5. Day: From Taxco the trip goes on to Sierra Madre and past the Popocatepetl and Iztaccihuatl volcanoes to Cholula. The biggest Pyramid of the world is located in Cholula, looking at its circumference. Only a little bit of the Pyramid is visible, because most of it looks more like a mountain and a church is located on its top. It is also interesting that 365 churches are located in Cholula. After a short drive, you will reach Puebla, capital of the same called state. After a check-in at the Hotel, a walk through the old city of Puebla take place.
Overnight in Puebla.
Puebla – Coatepec – Xalapa (133 miles)
6. Day: From the highland of Puebla, today’s trip goes to Xalapa, called the Swiss of Mexico by the Mexicans. Beautiful mountain localities with many forests and subtropical temperatures make this region to a little paradise. Visit of Coatepec, a typical small Mexican place, which lives of the processing of coffee. Afterwards drive to Xalapa. Here you will visit the anthropological museum.
Overnight in Xalapa
Xalapa – Veracruz – Tlacotalpan – Catemaco (302 km)
7. Day: The trip goes on from Jalapa to Veracruz, the most important port city of the Gulf of Mexico. Here in 1518 the Spanish Conquerors under Hernan Cortes arrived to found the New Spain. Sightseeing tour of the city district Portales and the fortress San Juan de Ulua. The journey goes on to Tlacotalpan. Tlacotalpan is a truly picturesque village. All houses have colorful facades and are located in the middle of a river-delta. Afterwards drive to Catemaco. Catemaco is located on the same called lake and is a tropical natural reserve. Catemaco is like an esoteric center for Shamans, where many Mexicans from the whole country go the place to be heal.
Overnight in Catemaco.
8. Day: Full day for Catemaco and surroundings, the lake and its surroundings. It also includes a boat trip on the lake and a visit of the esoteric center and an impressive Waterfall!
Catemaco – La Venta – Villahermosa – Palenque (About 440 km)
9. Day: In the morning, drive to the archaeological site La Venta. The site went inhabited 1,000 years before Christ. The journey goes on to Villahermosa, where we will visit the center. The highlight of the day is the visit of Palenque, the jewel of the Maya culture in the middle of the rain forest called Lacandona.
Overnight in Palenque
Palenque – Yaxchilan – Bonampak – Palenque
10. Day: Today the journey goes deep into the rainforest on the border of the river Usumacinta. We will cross the river by boat to visit Bonampak and Yaxchilan. Bonampak has in the inside of a temple a very well preserved wall painting of the Maya culture and Yaxchilan is very famous for its many sculptures with inscriptions. Return to Palenque on the early evening.
Palenque – Agua Azul – San Cristobal de Las Casas (218 km)
11. Day: On the way to San Cristobal de Las Casas the waterfalls of Agua Azul are located. At about lunchtime we arrive in San Cristobal de Las Casas. In the afternoon will take place the sightseeing of the city.
Overnight in San Cristobal de las Casas
Lagunas de Montebello – Pueblos Mayas
12. Day: The lagoons of Montebello are located one hour away from San Cristobal de Las Casas, these lagoons were declared a world heritage site by UNESCO. Fifty-two lagoons and lakes are located in Montebello. The lakes and all the Water of Chiapas is very important for Mexico and they are part of the lung of the world. In addition, Chiapas is one of the most beautiful places on earth!
San Cristobal de Las Casas – Sumidero Canyon – Tehuantepec (376 km)
13. Day: From San Cristobal de Las Casas the trip goes on to Chiapa de Corzo. This small city is located directly at the Sumidero canyon, an artificial lake of the river Grijalva. Here you will do a 2-hour boat-trip through the canyon, with its over 1,000 m high steep walls and its very interesting flora and fauna. With some luck we ca appreciate some crocodiles. After the visit drive to the Isthmus of Tehuantepec.
Overnight in Oaxaca
Tehuantepec – Mitla – Teotilan del Valle – Oaxaca (253 km)
14. Day: On the way to the Oaxaca City, on a curvaceous trip through the mountains, Mitla is located, the former ceremonial center of the Mixtecs, one of the 2 most important cultures in the valley of Oaxaca. On the way to the city you will visit a mescal production site and a weaving mill, these carpets are worldwide famous and are milled in a pre-historical style by the same family since generations. All colors of these carpets made out of natural material from the surrounding of Oaxaca. Arrival in Oaxaca.
Overnight in Oaxaca.
Monte Alban – Oaxaca
15. Day: Oaxaca is under the patronage of UNESCO as a world heritage site and is truly a beautiful colonial city. In the morning, you will visit Monte Alban, the most important archaeological site of the Zapotecs, who reigned the valley from this mountain for over 900 years. In addition, many tombs been discovered. You will see the findings of the grave Nr. 7 afterwards in the regional museum Santo Domingo in the city, where the sightseeing will begin. Then we will visit the Santo Domingo church, the main square, the market and many colonial buildings.
Transfer to the airport Oaxaca
16. Day: Transfer by Bus to Mexico City or to the airport for your return flight to Mexico City or bath holidays in the Hotel of your choice in Puerto Escondido or Huatulco.
Good middle class and typical Hotels during the Tour
Private Guide and private vehicle with A/C
All entrance Fee’s
24/7 emergency contact
Meals not mentioned
Tips for guide and driver