This tour will show you the unique nature and culture of Chiapas and the Yucatan peninsula, which are some of the most beautiful places of the world.
Tuxtla Gutierrez – Sumidero Canyon – San Cristobal de Las Casas
1. Day: Arrival in Tuxtla Gutierrez, drive to the Sumidero Canyon, where you will do a 2-hour boat trip on the Grijalva reservoir. High steep faces and a fantastic flora and fauna will accompany the journey. Short transfer to San Cristobal de Las Casas.
Overnight in San Cristobal de las Casas.
San Cristobal de Las Casas – San Juan Chamula – Zinacantan – San Cristobal de Las Casas
2. Day: Today you will visit the villages of the native inhabitants of San Juan Chamula and San Lorenzo Zinacantan, before the day comes to an end you will visit San Cristobal.
San Cristobal de Las Casas – Lagoons of Montebello – Las Nubes – Guacamayas
3. Day: The next days dedicated to nature. First, you will experience the lagoons of Montebello. In total, there are 50 lagoons, which declared world heritage sites of UNESCO. The trip goes on to the waterfalls of Las Nubes. In the late afternoon arrival at the cottages Guacamayas, named after the parrot type living here.
2 nights Guacamayas Cottage
Nature Reserve EL TRIUNFO
4. Day: Before the breakfast, you will do a 3-hour boat-trip. After the breakfast, you can undertake trips through the rain forest and the Guacamayas, as well as experiencing and observing many different types of birds and animals. At the afternoon will be a walking tour through the jungle.
Guacamayas – Yaxchilan – Palenque
5. Day: From Guacamayas the trip goes on to Yaxchilan, a Maya site in the middle of the rain forest. The
arrival to Yaxchilan will be by boat along the Usumacinta river. At Yaxchilan Mayan ruins you can observe nice mayan testimonies as well as some spider monkeys and lots of exotic birds.
Overnight Hotel Nututun
Palenque – Calakmul
6. Day: In the morning drive to the excavation site of Palenque in the middle of the Jungle called Lacandona. Palenque is part of the most important excavation sites of the Maya culture. After a detailed sightseeing, the trip goes on the way to Calakmul, the second biggest Nature reserve in America. 7230 km2 is the size of this nature reserve and in the middle on of the biggest and most important Maya site. More than 300 birds, monkeys, tapir, jaguar and much more animals live in this jungle. After the tour of about 3 hours, drive to Chicanna, your ecological Hotel for tonight.
Overnight at Ecovillage Chicanna
Chicanna – Bacalar
7. Day: From Chicanna drive to the carribean site of Mexico. Arrival at Bacalar. After the check in at the Hotel boat tour at the lagoon of Bacalar.
Overnight Rancho Encantado
Bacalar – Tulum – Riviera Maya – Cancun
8. Day: You can decide to stay some more days at Bacalar, or take a nice Hotel at Tulum, a resort at the Riviera Maya or Party time at Playa del Carmen or Cancun or just transfer to the airport.
Good middle class and typical Hotels during the Tour
Private Guide and private vehicle with A/C
All entrance Fee’s
24/7 emergency contact
Meals not mentioned
Tips for guide and driver