This roundtrip likes to show you some of the most important highlights of the culture and nature of the Mayan World.
1. Day: Arrival at the international Airport of Cancun. Welcome by our staff and transfer to the Hotel Adhara Hacienda Cancun.
Overnight Hotel Adhar Hacienda Cancun
CANCUN – TULUM – COBA – CENOTES - VALLADOLID – CHICHEN ITZA, total about 329 km or 3 hours’ drive
2. Day: Early in the morning departure from Cancun to Tulum, the Mayan site at the Mexican Caribbean. From Tulum take the road to Coba. If you like you can visit Coba, but instead of Coba you can stop at the entrance and buy a ticket to visit MOLTUN HA, a very small cenote with only a view visits. Is just about 20 minutes’ drive from Coba. From there back to the road and keep the same road to Valladolid. After a short visit at the city and former capitol of Yucatan drive on the way to Chichen Itza. After about 15 minutes’ drive is on the left hand side a Hacienda called Selva Maya. They serve a good lunch and have also a great Cenote where you can take another swim before driving to Chichen Itza. Like 30 minutes later arrival at the beautiful Hacienda Chichen. At the arrival at the Hotel Hacienda Chichen you can pay the entrance fee of Chichen Itza for the next day to the reception desk.
Overnight Hacienda Chichen
CHICHEN ITZA – UXMAL, 206 km or 2 hours’ drive
3. Day: The reception desk will send somebody from the Hotel at 8.00 hrs. To the office of the official entrance to buy the tickets. At about 8:30 hrs. You can start the visit of Chichen by the private entrance of the Hotel. After the visit is check out at the Hotel and drive to Uxmal. Arrival at the Hotel Uxmal Resort Maya. At the afternoon visit of the Mayan site of Uxmal.
Overnight Hacienda and Plantation Uxmal
UXMAL – KABAH – SAYIL - BECAN – CHICANNA, 276 km or 4 hours’ drive
4. Day: Drive from Uxmal at the PUUC HILL route. There are some nice and interesting Mayan sites and also villages on the way to Chicanna. The most important Mayan sites are: Kabah, Sayil and Edzna. Also the villages are interesting because of the simple way of living of the people. Also before arrival at Chicanna are the beautiful Mayan site of Becan. So more than enough Places to visit. Arrival at the Hotel. This Hotel is ecological to preserve the nature surrounding the Hotel.
2 nights Ecovillage Chicanna
CHICANNA – CALAKMUL - CHICANNA, about 210 km and 3 ½ hours roundtrip
5. Day: Early in the morning drive to the second biggest nature reserve in America with 7230 km2. A part that this nature reserve has about 300 species of Birds and also other animals like monkeys, Tapir and even Jaguar live there. In the middle of this Nature reserve is the archaeological zone of Calakmul, maybe the most important of all with 17 km2. The visit is about 2 ½ hours. Back to the Hotel.
CHICANNA – CAMPECHE, about 350 km and 4 ½ hours’ drive
6. Day, 21.02.16: After Breakfast, drive from Chicanna to the City of Campeche right next to the Gulf of Mexico. We recommend after passing Escarcega drive straight and not the direct route to Campeche. The other route is through Sabuncuy and from there all along the beautiful Beaches of the Gulf of Mexico. After about 1-hour drive along the coast you will see some nice Houses on the beach site. This area cold the Tortuga Beach. There will be next to the houses a good restaurant next to the beach with excellent food and right on the beach. After another hour drive arrival at Campeche. The Hotel Don Gustavo is inside the historical center. Campeche was a very important port at the colonial time and also under attack of the most famous pirates. That’s why there are some fortress and a big defense wall around the historical center. Enjoy the center by walking along the streets.
Overnight Hotel Boutique Don Gustavo
MERIDA – HOTEL ECOPARAISO XIXIM CELESTUN, 182 km and about 3 hours’ drive
7. Day: From Campeche drive first at the Highway to the small town of Calkini, also a very nice Village. Drive along this road on the way to Celestun passing also the Village Bekal, famous for the Jipi Heads (similar to the Panama Heads). Just at the entrance of the village is a famous handicraft family dedicated for generations for these Heads. The same road takes you to the road the Celestun and the Hotel Xixim. This Hotel is an ecologic Bungalow Hotel, just unique.
3 nights at Xixim Ecovillage Celestun
CELESTUN – MERIDA, 101 km or 1 ½ hours’ drive
10. Day: From Celestun to Merida it is about 1 ½ hours’ drive. The Hotel Casa del Balam is right at the historical center. Therefore, you can park the car. Make the check in and start a walking tour at the center of Merida. The highlights are the main square, the main building, the house of the conquest Montejo, the cathedral, the theatre and more. Also very interesting is the boulevard PASEO DE MONTEJO because on both sites of this street you can appreciate very nice and big colonial style buildings.
Overnight Casa del Balam
MERIDA – CHIQUILA – HOLBOX, 310 km and about 4 hours’ drive
11. Day: From Merida to Chiquila is about 4 hours’ drive. You have to drive on the way to Cancun and by Valladolid take the federal road 180 until Echeverria and then take the road number 9 to Chiquila. You can leave the car at the rental station and take the ferry to Holbox. At the arrival on Holbox Island take a golf cart taxi to the Hotel Casa Sandra.
4 nights Casa Sandra
CHIQUILA – CANCUN AIRPORT
15. Day: At the afternoon take again the ferry to Chiquila. Our staff will be waiting to take you to the Airport of Cancun, which is a 2 hours’ drive. Flight back home.
Nice and typical Hotels during the tour including breakfast
Private transfer at arrival from the Airport to the Hotel Adhara Cancun
Chevrolet Aveo with Air Condition including Full cover (except mirror, glass or wheel damage)
24 / 7 assistants from Europcar and TWU
3 nights Xixim Ecovillage including Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
4 nights Casa Sandra including Breakfast
Meals not mentioned
Gasoline and toll road fees