On this short but very eventful round-trip, you will learn the contrasts of the Maya world. Enjoy Beautiful archaeological sites of the Maya world and also nature, culture and life habits of the Mexicans and Mayas.
Cancun – Uxmal
1. Day: Trip from Cancun to Uxmal. In the afternoon is a sightseeing tour of Uxmal. On the way to Uxmal there are some more interesting places such as the village of Mona, the Hacienda Yaxcopoil or the Chocolate Museum.
Overnight Hotel Uxmal Resort Maya or similar
Uxmal – Kabah – Labna – Chicanna
2. Day: The drive today has many archaeological sites starting with the PUUC route, named so because of the small hills and lots of water which the Mayan people in the ancient time used as a very important trade for other villages without water. You can visit some of the archaeological sites like Kabah and Labna. Also some nice and typical villages are on the way to stop by. Before the arrival at Chicanna we higly recommend the visit of Becan, one very important Mayan site. Arrival at the Afternoon at the ecological Hotel Chicanna.
Uxmal – Celestun – Merida
2. Day: Early departure from Uxmal to Celestun. The area in Celestun is a biosphere reserve, to protect the living area of the Flamingos. These birds come to the Nord of the Yucatan-peninsula to stay for the winter and to reproduce. Besides, Flamingos, the biosphere reserve Celestun has about 300 types of birds as well as turtles and two types of crocodiles. The Flora is also very versatile and full by the Mangrove-forests, which are resistant to salty water and therefore can flourish in the area, where other plants do not really have a chance to survive. Boat-trip on the Lagoon of Celestun is an opportunity to see Flamingos. Afterwards the journey goes on to Merida visiting the historical center.
Overnight Hotel Casa del Balam
Merida – Izamal – Ek Balam – Chichen Itza (About 172 km)
3. Day: From Merida drive to Chichen Itza. Our first visit will be Izamal, also called the Place of the 3 Cultures, because of its old Maya ruins, colonial buildings as well as the Franciscan Monastery. Afterwards drive to Ek Balam, one of the most interesting Maya sites, which has a tombstone in its main temple like in Palenque. Today’s tour ends in Chichen Itza.
Overnight in Hacienda Chichen
Chichen Itza – Tulum – Cancun (About 123 miles)
4. Day: In the early morning detailed sightseeing of Chichen Itza. The most important attractions are the Pyramid of Kukulkan, temple of the thousand columns, temple of Chac Mool (rain-god), playground for ball games, Cenote (water cave), observatory and much more. Drive from Chichen Itza to Tulum. Tulum was the only port city of the Mayas and is also one of the last cities which was built by the Mayas. Tulum has many fortress walls, which leads to the conclusion that different war activities where in place here. The most beautiful thing about Tulum is its position directly on the Mexican Caribe. After the tour, we will transfer you to the airport of Cancun or SPA Hotel of your choice.
Good middle class and typical Hotels during the Tour
Private Guide and private vehicle with A/C
All entrance Fee’s
24/7 emergency contact
Meals not mentioned
Tips for guide and driver